Saturday, February 22, 2014

What to Take on Your Trip to Ecuador

"Have you packed your bags yet?"

"What are you taking?"

No and I don't know.  Ugh, the trip is now two weeks away.  I have been working on figuring this out, but it is hard.  I want to travel as light as possible.

In the Ecuadorian Andes you should dress in layers.  You must be prepared for rain, cool mornings and evenings and hot days.  The cities, especially Quito, frown on frumpy American wear.  They expect business attire!  From what I have read a man cannot enter the hospital to visit someone in shorts.
Well, I have a pair of black leggings, a dress, a skirt, a pair of hiking pants with zip off legs, a pair of black slacks and a pair of jeans. I am still working on completing my tops and accessories.  Everything I am picking is travel friendly; I can roll them up without worry of wrinkles.  Thank you Lycra!

We have been working on our travel bags, too.  We each have backpacks.  Steve bought a Pacsafe Theft Proof Backpack and we have added a piece of Lexan to the bottom of my Camelbac to prevent any "slash and grab" while we travel on buses.  We both are taking our laptops and tablets and I will have my camera gear stuffed inside my pack.  We are considering a carry on bag that fits under the seat for a change of clothes and pills, in case our checked bag gets lost.

We are planning on taking a suitcase for the majority of our stuff, and hopefully a smaller, empty one tucked inside to hold gifts and resell-able items (more on that later).

One other thing we are packing - a first aid kit.  We picked up meds from the pharmacy for traveler's and mountain sickness and anti-malaria meds.  Yeah!  We will add some Imodium, band-aids and anti-bacterial hand wash.  So many things to think of!

What would you bring?  What have I missed?  Oh, yeah, the umbrella....

No comments:

Post a Comment