Thursday, March 6, 2014

Getting Ready For Our Trip ... A Man's Perspective

Always wait to the last minute.  That's some people's motto.  But a trip this far away to a country like Ecuador that does not have all the amenities and options as we do here in the USA, should make a person give some forethought on what to take along and what to leave behind.


Having said that, I wonder why I haven't given a whole lot of thought to it myself?  Maybe I'm thinking 'Let the wife handle things and just copy her the night before leaving'.  My wife tried on outfit after outfit while thinking of each day and has her clothing all figured out.  Out of the clothing I already have, I haven't selected everything I'm taking yet, nor do I know what I will wear on travel day.  Heck, I waited so long to do my clothes shopping, (for light weight quick drying items) and of course the store didn't have my size except in camo and/or didn't have any at all, so I had to order them...and of course pay a premium for 3 day shipping.  Even so, they will only be here with a of couple days to spare.  Sure hope they all fit!

As I have started to think a little more vigorously about the trip, all kinds of things are popping into my head that need to be handled.  For instance, are household needs being cared for?  What about the mail?  How about the toilet that seems to run all by itself sometimes?  If you live in an HOA community, will you get a letter from them because the weeds are now 1 foot tall?  Do you have someone checking on the house now and then?  How about in case of an emergency...do others have copies of your passports, life insurance policies, will, etc. and contact information for where you will be staying?  All these things are important, too.

I have only 4 days left and lots to do so I better stop writing for now.
Continuing on, there are 1-1/2 days left and I received my shipment of clothes and thank goodness they all fit.  Household chores are getting done one by one.  You know how there seems to be snags in everything and you have to wait on something or someone.  Currently I am waiting on a prescription for a refill of medication I need.  Only one more day to get them.  My doctor resigned her position as of April 4th so I called her office for the script but she had already left...a month early.  Dang.  If this stops my trip to Ecuador, I will be one disappointed and ticked off puppy.  It seems so many people can't do their jobs anymore.

Well I'm good to go on meds so other than a pair of jeans, I guess it's packing day tomorrow.  Ecuador here we come!

Blog yall later

1 comment:

  1. Lol.... at least YOU did take care of all those things and Heather didn't have to :D Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete